For our 15th anniversary in 2017, Spirit Cultural Exchange wants to recognize exceptional alumni with our first Alumni Awards.
We want to know how the J1 Work and Travel experience here in the United States impacted their life. Applicants will answer the two following questions as part of their entry:
- Describe your professional or academic career including significant involvement in community organizations, government or non-government organizations, or charities. Feel free to cut and paste the information from your CV.
- How has your experience in the United States on the Summer Work and Travel program affected your life?
Spirit Cultural Exchange will select 10 finalists whose story will be featured on our website and highlighted with the U.S. Department of State as model alumni. They will also receive a $150 Visa gift card for travel or cultural experiences such as:
- concert tickets
- airline vouchers
- hotel nights
- tune-up English classes
- 2-year membership to Internations networking organization
One Grand Prize winner will be selected from the finalists. Depending on their situation they will receive either:
- $2000 personal business grant for marketing campaigns
- $2000 donation to their NGO or charity
- FREE 6-12 month Spirit J1 Internship Program sponsorship, insurance, visa fees (valued at over $2000)
- $2000 towards attendance at leadership conference such as IYLC ($1650 conference fee + up to $350 flight)
Spirit understands that exchange programs can be life-changing experiences for young adults and we look forward to celebrating the impact the program has on our alumni.