Join us for a road trip along Route J-1 to discover America’s heartland through the eyes of international exchange visitors. “Route J-1” is Exchange Programs - U.S. Department of State's new blog, following diplomat Robin Lerner as she travels across the country to meet J-1 Visa participants living and working in the U.S. The summer fun has started, check it out! #RouteJ1
Follow #RouteJ1 this Summer!
2014 Volunteer Scholarship Winner Announced
Spirit is pleased to announce our 2014 Volunteer Scholarship winner, Danielle S. of suburban Chicago. Read details of the announcement on our International Programs Sholarship page. Stay tuned later in July to follow her blog about her experiences. Congratulations, Danielle!
Reflector Lights for Spirit participants
Volunteer Scholarship Available for Spirit Ambassadors
Winners of the Winter Video and Photo Contest Announced
Spirit is Traveling to China - March 2014 Job Fair Announced
European Job Fair
- Ukraine: January 29 - February 3, 2014
- Turkey: February 2 - 8, 2014
You can Easy Hire at one or both of our upcoming job fairs:
- Our experienced staff will work with you to determine which participants are best suited to fill your available positions.
- Spirit will interview and hire for you based on your seasonal needs and employee requirements during the job fair.
- There is no minimum hiring requirement for this option!
- After the job fair, Spirit will provide you with profiles and contact information for each of your hires.
- Contact Spirit today to receive more information about our Easy Hire process.
Spirit is Hiring!
Spirit Participants Visit the U.S. Department of State
On September 20, a group of 50 J-1 Work and Travel participants visited the U.S. Department of State (DOS), including seven Spirit participants. The participants met with department officials to discuss their Summer Work Travel experience and toured the building. This is the first time DOS welcomed a group of J1 Work and Travel students in this capacity. All J-1 participants are encouraged to register for the DOS Alumni Network at alumni.state.gov in order to receive invitations to embassy-sponsored events in their home countries.
China Job Fair
- Round-trip airfare
- 3 night hotel stay*
- 1 day of interviews*
- City tour and group dinners
- Pre-arranged airport transfers
*Note: When hiring 25 or more participants, an extra night’s hotel stay and an additional day of interviewing is included.
Sign up deadline to attend Spirit's China Job Fair is Friday, September 27th.