International students and young professionals have the opportunity to intern and train with U.S. businesses through Spirit’s J-1 Internship Program. U.S. businesses are eager to share their unique perspective with international J-1 interns and trainees, while at the same time offering valuable professional development opportunities through hands on training.
Spirit Cultural Exchange is designated by the U.S. Department of State as a J-1 Visa program sponsor, and is designated to facilitate placements in the following occupational categories:
- Hospitality and Tourism
- Management, Business, Commerce and Finance
- Information Media and Communications
- The Sciences, Engineering, Architecture, Mathematics and Industrial Occupations
- Arts and Culture
- Social Sciences & Social Services
- Public Administration and Law
Program Placement Options:
- Independent Placement– for international students and young professionals who have already identified a U.S. based Host Company and have developed a Training and Internship Placement Plan (T/IPP).
- Premium Placement – for students and young professionals seeking assistance in identifying a Host Company that matches well with their professional or educational background. Spirit will assist with placement and in the development of a Training and Internship Placement Plan (T/IPP).
At this time, Spirit is only offering Premium Placements for applicants with educational and/or professional experience in the hospitality and tourism industry. All other applicants are encouraged to apply for Spirit's Independent Program.
Quick Tour Videos:
Spirit's J-1 Internship Program includes the following:
- Program sponsorship for the J-1 Intern or Trainee visa
- Medical insurance
- Application processing
- Skype web interview with Spirit Cultural Exchange and host organization (when applicable)
- Host Company screening
- 24-hour support from Spirit Cultural Exchange while in the U.S.
- Host Company placement, Premium hospitality placements only